Friday, August 10, 2012

Looking For My Bliss - BlissDom 2012

I entered an amazing contest to win a ticket to 

 Here is my entry:

*******************************************

When I think about my life, I know it is abundantly full. I have a great husband with whom I share two incredible children. We live in a modest but happy home in the suburbs. My husband has a great job which we are thankful for every day. In September both of our children will be in school. I could go on and on about all the amazing things my husband and children are up to however, I fall a bit short in that area myself. I've been a stay at home mom for over 4 years now and a good chunk of that time I was quite ill. The focus was on me but somehow while all that was happening I got lost. I became disconnected, unmotivated and very depressed. In January I finally found out I was well again. It was time to build my strength and get into the world. I couldn't wait to dive head first in to life again. Only I found I was scared, unsure of what to do next. So I decided I needed a spark, something to set my creative fuel ablaze once again. I instantly thought of BlissDom Canada Where so many women have had their creative juices boosted.

After a very candid conversation with my husband about buying myself a ticket, I knew that if I wanted to attend I needed to find another way. It was time to push myself to dig down deep for some of the creativity I once had. That lead to entering a contest to win myself a ticket to attend.

In my life I have never made a vlog, so I decided I'd give that a try. Have a look at my lame attempt at creativity. Maybe once you've seen it you will understand how badly I need to be at BlissDom Canada. I also asked around and it seems there a lot of silly people who want to help me get to Blissdom. Have a look at my video and the comments from people who want to see me get to BlissDom!



Even my friends think I should be there! Here's why they think I should attend BlissDom:

Michelle (@MishLockwood) said I should attend because I am a survivor.... And it is entirely.possible that at any moment during the conference I might jump up and break into song and dance... At first I was afraid, I was petrified, not thinking I could live without you by my side..."

Chris (@CancerGirl_730) said "because she deserves it."

Sandra said "because you are a survivor,inspirational, ambitious, creative, a go getter,helpful to others, motivated, an amazing mother and wife, great fun, and so much more. Of anyone Coleen deserves a ticket to this conference and they will be blessed to have her."

Tatiana (@TatianaHedley) said because I am amazing at hair-dos and I'll provide braiding services for free.

Victoria (@GirlGoneWired) said I should go because I am awesome and agreed to all of the aforementioned reasons.

Traci (@PunchDrunkMum) said "Have you seen this woman break dance? Do the running man? Well,neither have I and it probably Wont happen, but it could. How about perform oral surgery during a break just because she can? That probably won't happen either, probably best for someone certified to do so. Coleen is what Mario is to Luigi, what King Kong is to the Empire State building, she is queen of blogs hands down. If anyone deserves to go have the spark in her eye and surprise people it's this lady right here."

Jeannine (@MyBitsandBleeps) said "because if she has to change another diaper she'll scream!"

Ashley Barr (@NewMenuNewOtlk) said "because she'll promise to speak as if she's always being auto-corrected."

Karyn (@KarynClimans) said: "Just because..."

These people and many more believe in me and I promise to do them proud by coming home ready to get back blogging and better yet work towards taking my writing to the next level.

*******************************************

Normally I am uncomfortable with pestering people for votes but in this case I need them in order to win. So I am humbly asking for you to vote for me (I'm #4) at I Don't Blog and if you feel so inclined I would appreciate you sharing this with other so they too can vote for me. Click the share button, but first, go vote! 





Thank you from the bottom of my heart!


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I vote for #4 just because Coleen is an all around fabulous woman and she deserves this.

Hippofatamus said...

Remember, you must click on the the link above to vote there. Votes here will not be counted.
Thank you!

Anonymous said...

I clicked on the link (3x) & it just keeps coming back here. Would like to vote for you but what to do??

Hippofatamus said...

thank you for your persistence! You can go directly to the link here: http://idontblog.ca/voting-win-a-ticket-to-blissdom-canada-contest/

Hippofatamus said...

thank you for your persistence! You can go directly to the link here: http://idontblog.ca/voting-win-a-ticket-to-blissdom-canada-contest/

Deb Dorrington said...

Voted for #4, great entry, good luck to all.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...